SISD is an eco-friendly campus that consumes one third of the energy of standard school buildings. It has been awarded the MINERGIE label, a renowned international certificate for the pursuit of sustainable standards and reflects SISD’s commitment to providing students with a comfortable and healthy interior climate. The Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Sorane S.A., WME Consultants and Al Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading have collaborated in developing the concept, overseeing the design and constructing the first MINERGIE standard building in the MENA region.
SISD MINERGIE building in brief:
- 1st low energy building in the Middle East
- Prioritizing the well-being of students
- Meeting the highest standards of energy consumption
- Reducing the circulation of cold air into our classrooms
- Using high natural light levels only when necessary
- Providing a healthier and comfortable environment to your children