Assistant Lab Technician
Location Job Scope
- Preparation and set up of apparatus and equipment for practical lessons in the science laboratories, including making up chemical solutions, copying of any worksheets required and ensuring all relevant books are available.
- Responsibility for ensuring the return of equipment etc. to storage after checking and cleaning. Adhering to recognised international guidelines when moving, storing and disposing of materials.
- Responsibility for the control of stock of materials and equipment, ordering and taking delivery of chemical supplies, equipment, stationary and other resources.
- Routine maintenance of equipment to ensure a safe and orderly working environment.
- Provision of reports of faults and equipment requirements
- General cleaning and servicing of laboratories and work areas.
- To ensure safe working practices at all times and keep up to date regarding Health & Safety and new equipment.
Other duties as required by the Secondary Science Coordinator.
Please click below to download the full description for this role