Head of Inclusion
- To lead the inclusion team as a whole
- To take the lead on safeguarding across the school
- To support staff in understanding the learning needs of students with specific needs and the importance of raising their achievement through disseminating the most effective teaching approaches
- To liaise with the inclusion team and teachers to ensure that appropriate provision is made for children across all areas of the curriculum
- To coordinate and support the planning for the teaching and support of identified children
- To maintain a register of students with specific needs identifying and tracking provision being made
- To provide guidance and assist teachers in identifying students with learning, behavioural, medical or emotional difficulties
- To advise and co-ordinate detailed assessments when necessary
- To advise and assist teachers and other members of staff in planning individual or group programmes for students who require extra provision
- To monitor teaching and learning of students who have been identified as requiring specific support
- To ensure that appropriate methods of assessing and recording student’s needs and progress are maintained
- To keep informed of current developments by attending relevant courses, reading and study
- To select equipment and materials for order within an agreed budget.
- To liaise with other agencies including the school health service, speech therapists etc
- To organise and chair regular meetings to discuss the needs and progress of identified students
- To organise and chair review meetings for parents to discuss progress of individual students
- To support and monitor (including performance management) the work of the inclusion team
- To organise professional development opportunities for staff
- In consultation with the Head of School, Head of Secondary School, Head of Primary School and Head of Early Years develop and keep under constant review all relevant policies.
- To ensure inclusive practice and equality of opportunity for all.
- To support SISD’s commitment to safeguarding its students.
- To support SISDs vision and move the school towards excellence
- To manage the inclusion team budget
Please click below to download the full description for this role