Head of Marketing & Admissions
Location Job Scope
- Lead, develop and execute best practice throughout the entire Admissions process with standardized workflow, emails and striving for outstanding standards and best practice.
- Lead the design and delivery of all key stages for parents and prospective students based on an understanding of their needs so that families experience the school’s philosophy, vison and mission and values in action.
- Lead, coach and guide the Admissions team to deliver annual enrolment targets.
- Develop, execute and regularly monitor marketing, retention and admissions plans.
- Lead and drive strategies to generate enquiries through both online and offline campaigns.
- Develop key processes and lead team to guide parents and students through the admissions process, making the experience positive, easy and engaging throughout.
- Oversee all parent communication to ensure responsiveness quality (written and verbal language, structure and attention to detail) and attitude (team warmth and enthusiasm).
- Lead the team to develop an understanding of each family’s needs and interests, using tools and templates to help the team find and sell to each families’ needs and interests.
- Drive conversion at each stage of the pipeline by coaching and developing team to overcome objections, recognize buying signals and close at each step of the process.
- Oversee the admissions pipeline to ensure team are following best practice in managing unresponsive leads and close the lead/enquiry appropriately.
- Lead the re-enrolment process with the Finance Team to optimize retention and ensure the process of re-enrolment is as straightforward as possible.
- Lead the develop of school admissions procedures to adhere to KHDA and local regulations.
- Participate in all stages the admissions process from enquiry to school tours to enrolment providing timely appreciative and constructive feedback to team members.
- Personally handle VIP families from initial lead through to enrolment.
- Lead school recruitment events locally and internationally.
- Lead the understanding of any local regulatory requirements and potential future changes and support decision-making with this knowledge.
- Lead, coach and guide the Marketing Team to understand the needs of stakeholders and develop marketing and communications strategies and activities which deliver key school messages in a timely, relevant and engaging way.
- Develop the school brand USP within local market parent and competitor context.
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity.
- Oversee website development and paid media in connection with parent online research.
- Develop the PR and media strategy for the school, stepping in to support media enquiries and crisis communications as appropriate.
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan for the school.
- Oversee the development a content strategy for the school and support the Marketing Team to develop an ongoing pipeline of content that can be used year-round to inspire, engage and inform all relevant stakeholders including parents, students, employees and alumni.
- Oversee the execution of the school content strategy across all school communication channels including News & Blogs and social media.
- Support the Marketing Team to respond to all social media questions and comments directed at the school in a timely manner.
- Oversee the development of a Communications policy for the school and all parent newsletters and communications.
- Support the Marketing Team and Section Heads to oversee the scope of parent communications and understand from parents what is working and not working. Provide clear feedback to the Section Heads to enable improvement.
- Ensure all photographic and videography is based on local guidelines, is of a high aesthetic quality, brand fit and aligned to parental usage rights.
- Support the Section Heads with parent communications and content calendar to provide useful and time-sensitive information to parents.
- Oversee the Marketing budget and the ROI of marketing activities carried out.
- Support the Section Heads in the development and execution of the school event calendar to bring to life the unique identity of the school and showcase the school in the best light possible and ensuring that as many events as possible are optimized for parent recruitment.
- Support the Head of Sport, PFC and Section Heads to develop and execute creative themes for major events that showcase the unique identity of the school.
- Oversee the marketing of major events through media, PR and communications.
- Oversea the school Alumni and follow up individually and building up of activities.
- Devise and lead a programme to strengthen the external network of the school and to position the school as the first choice day and boarding school within the local and international market.
- Ensure that the school has a programme that widens the school’s network, positive relationships and reputation with the community.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key account holders including but not limited to relocation agents, embassies, chambers, education agents, feeder nurseries and schools and employers, with the intent to build brand awareness and generate enquiries.
- Work with KHDA and IB on opportunities that go beyond the school local community.
REPORTING AND DATA ANALYSIS
- Lead, coach and develop the team to maintain accurate data in school systems, enabling responsive decision making through the enrolment process and accurate forecasting during annual planning.
- Oversee data capture and lead management through iSAMs
- Lead the review of school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans in response.
- Lead all relevant analytics (lead velocity, conversation rates, performance against local benchmarks, changes in lead sources, nationalities, languages and age groups) to best target future growth opportunities.
- Lead the deployment of a school enrolment forecast model to facilitate forecast discussions with key stakeholders in the school.
LEADERSHIP, COACHING & TRAINING
- Lead, coach and develop school Marketing Team and Admissions Team to deliver against targets.
- Contribute regularly to leadership team discussions about retention and student enrolment numbers and discuss how to evolve and improve the processes.
- Act as a role-model across the academic faculty, providing timely appreciative and constructive feedback and engaging as appropriate to ensure that every member of academic staff is aware of and actively engaged in their role in attracting, converting and retaining students.
- Contribute to the wider business through sharing and application of best practice in admissions and marketing.
- Lead, drive and support business development opportunities.
- Take ownership for personal development and works with the Head of School to develop and implement a focused and straightforward Personal Development Plan.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students.
Willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required
Please click below to download the full description for this role