IB Diploma Programme Coordinator
Location Job Scope
- Develop, design, implement and coordinate a high quality IB Diploma programme in Grades 11 and 12 to suit the individual needs of all students
- Management of all activities related to the IB Diploma programme
- Cascade and dissimilate information, such as changes to the curriculum and assessment, to subject teachers
- Provide pedagogical leadership – working closely with Subject Coordinators and Teachers to evaluate implementation of the curriculum
- Undertake analysis of the impact of teaching on learning throughout the programme, reporting on findings to the Secondary Leadership Team, the Head of School, and the Academic Advisory Board
- Supervise CAS coordination to ensure that the CAS programme is an exciting and attractive programme of creativity, activity, and service is implemented according to the current IB requirements
- Ensure that the extended essay is administered according to the requirements in the current guide and that students and teacher-supervisors are fully aware of these requirements
- Coordinate and administer students enrolled in DP online courses (provided by Pamoja Education) in the designated role of Site-Based Coordinator (SBC)
- Ensure that requirements for Theory of Knowledge are properly coordinated, and teachers of IB subjects understand the nature and importance of this core subject
- Make recommendations to the Deputy Head of Secondary (Academic) about IBDP specific professional development needs to support the development of the programme and comply with IB regulations
- Ensure that the IB Diploma programme supports the needs of students whose mother tongue is not English
- Promote and monitor Academic Honesty within the IB Diploma programme, in collaboration with the Secondary Library Staff and IBDP teachers
- Design and manage an annual IBDP assessment deadline calendar
- Ensure that the school academic integrity policy is aligned with the IB expectations, that teachers implement it and that both teachers and students are aware of the requirements and penalties imposed on students for breaches of IB regulations.
- Communicate proactively with the IB Regulator
- Ensure that all students are accurately registered for their IB examinations.
- Organise and oversee the IB DP examinations
- Maintain information on and using the IB’s digital platforms
- Coordinate the self-study, evaluation visits, and progress reports
- Lead the on-site (or on-line) IBDP consultation visits and external workshop leaders
- Ensure that the school stays up to date with programme requirements.
Administration & Leadership
- Develop and implement the IBDP action plan
- Ensure that teachers are provided with an opportunity for professional development related to the Diploma programme and professional development requirements are met at evaluation
- Submit requests for special assessment arrangements for candidates with special assessment needs, at least six months in advance of the written examinations.
- Register candidates for an examination session, as set by the IB
- Submit/upload candidates’ assessment material for moderation/marking with any accompanying forms, according to deadlines in this handbook
- Provide candidates with personal examination schedules and contact the IB by the appropriate deadline where any scheduling conflict may exist
- Ensure that a secure location is available for the storage of examination papers and other confidential assessment material
- Communicate with students and parents the IBDP results each year
- Work closely with the IBMYP Coordinator/Deputy Head of Secondary School (Academic) to ensure a smooth transition from Grade 10 to Grade 11
- Be available on campus to meet students and parents with concerns about IB results on the day that results are released as well as on the subsequent 3 working days to answer questions, request any enquiries upon results or submit registrations for retake candidates, as applicable
- Administer various online platforms, e.g. iSAMS, ManageBac, Microsoft Teams.
- Ensure that all IB Diploma programme teachers have access to all resources from the IB
- Facilitate the orientation of teachers new to SISD and new to the IB Diploma programme
- Keep teachers updated and informed about changes to the programme, assessment changes and other subject specific information published by the IBO.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate pedagogy
- Ensure that the programme is appropriately documented and implemented.
- Encourage the involvement of SISD teachers in the IB Educator Network
- Organise and oversee the Grade 11 and Grade 12 mock examinations
- Assist in registration of teachers for IB Diploma programme workshops
- Monitor on-campus professional development activities.
- Facilitate the orientation of students new to the IB Diploma programme
- Organise and coordinate the IBDP course selection process in collaboration with the Guidance Counsellor, students and parents
- Provide continuous support to Grade 11 & 12 students with regards to personal organisation and time management
- Ensure successful implementation of the Extended Essay programme
- Monitor Special Educational Needs in liaison with Head of Inclusion
- Maintain a continuous academic monitoring process, involving Grade 11 & 12 students, their parents and their teachers
- Provide comprehensive information to parents through various forms of media and through individual and group meetings to ensure that parents understand the requirements and nature of the IB Diploma programme.
Please click below to download the full description for this role