School Doctor with DHCC Licence
Location Job Scope
As such, the responsibilities of the role are:
- To participate actively to ensure implementation of all mandated policies and protocols in collaboration with the school’s administrative authorities and school personnel
- To supervise the healthcare provided by the nursing team, ensuring that nursing care meets regulatory standards
- To be available on call at any given point in case of emergency
- To deliver health services in the school environment (including screenings and vaccination programs).
- To conduct comprehensive medical examination of students at school entry, grade 5, grade 9, at school leaving and for new admission at any grade and documenting the findings in the school health record.
- To promptly attend to students with injuries or other conditions requiring immediate attention.
- To prepare the standing order of drugs/treatments, which can be administered to the student by the school health nurse in the absence of the School doctor.
- To conduct and evaluate immunization session. Deal with any emergency reaction including anaphylaxis that might occur due to immunization. (in the future)
- In case of any notifiable disease, to contact HSE at DHCC to take necessary action.
- To advise parents to keep the student at home during the communicable period of any particular disease.
- To assess, plan and implement Individualized Health Care Plan (IHCP) and Emergency Health care Plan (EHCP) for children with chronic illnesses and children with special needs including allergies.
- To maintain effective relationship with parents, families and local community.
- To refer, as appropriate, children assessed and found to have psychological or emotional disorders like anorexia, self-harm, addiction, abuse etc.
- To participate in planning and conducting health education activities in the school.
- To act as a counselor in guiding the school administrators, teachers and parents to discuss any health problem of a student, as required.
- To update knowledge, skills and practice related to school health.
This list is not to be taken as fixed or exhaustive and the Employee will be expected to perform any reasonable given task assigned by the Head of Operations or other member of the leadership team.
Please click below to download the full description for this role