Safeguarding and Digital Safety
Digital safety is one of the crucial parts of safeguarding procedures in a school setting. Using a device in schools with schoolwork adds great value to the next generation citizens, develops a sense of digital identity and promotes knowledge of the new virtual reality that young people now use to interact with the world. Our digital safety policy reflects the importance on the safe use of information systems and electronic communications and a need to educate students and staff about the benefits, risks, and responsibilities of using information technology.
With the great value comes the great risk. It is therefore essential that as schools we understand the digital space and guide our students with this ever-changing process through self- reflection, awareness, positive personal values, and emotional intelligence.
Internet access is planned to enrich and extend learning activities and the school has acknowledged the need to ensure that all students are responsible and safe users of the Internet and other communication technologies through.
- A secure technical infrastructure that is not open to misuse or malicious attack.
- The use of the network / internet / Virtual Learning Environment is regularly monitored.
- Digital Citizenship and Digital Safety awareness are a part of the curriculum. It is taught to all students explaining how to stay safe online.
- All students sign an acceptable use agreement based on the Acceptable use policy.
- We are also members of National Online Safety which can be accessed by parents for all information related digital safety and awareness. Please see instructions below.