At SISD, we are delighted to welcome gifted and talented students, and currently are offering scholarships for Grade 11 students to undertake the IB Diploma Programme at the school.
Academic scholarships: available for Grade 11 students.
Sports scholarships: we also have a limited number of sports scholarships available for students from Grade 9 and above.
Boarding scholarships: boarding scholarships may be offered in conjunction with academic and sports scholarships.
Scholarships for the 2023/2024 academic year will be available in respect of following categories.
We offer Academic Scholarships to students who have consistently placed at the top of their class in all their subjects for at least the last three years.
Academic Scholarships shall be awarded to candidates on the basis of proven outstanding academic achievement and are subject to the student maintaining a high level of academic achievement.
- Academic Scholarships are available to prospective students from Grade 11 to complete the IBDP at SISD, and are awarded based on a competitive application process.
- Academic Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- the assessment by SISD of the candidate’s previous school reports;
- the assessment by SISD of a full report from each candidate’s present school and teacher recommendation (both local and national benchmarks);
- the results of verbal and non-verbal reasoning tests to be completed by the candidate;
- the results of a written examination to be administered by SISD;
- an interview with a member of the Senior Leadership team to assess the candidate’s calibre and commitment; and
- a final interview with the Head of Boarding, if the scholarship also included a boarding place at the school.
We offer Sports Scholarships to committed students who are placed in the top 70th percentile in their class and have consistently played their sport for the last 3-5 years, competing in a) Regional or b) International level tournaments
- Sports Scholarships shall be awarded to candidates on the basis of proven athletic ability, potential, determination and enthusiasm and in particular who demonstrate potential to compete at National or International level.
- Sports Scholarships to current and prospective students Grade 9, and are awarded based on a competitive application process.
- Sports Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- the assessment by SISD of the candidates sporting prowess and success;
- the assessment by SISD of a full report from each candidate’s present sports provider (both local and national benchmarks)];
- benchmark results and proof of representation honours for relevant sports (such as swimming, basketball, track & field, football, etc);
- an interview with the Senior Leadership team of SISD to assess the candidate’s calibre and commitment; and
- a final interview with the Head of Sport at SISD.
To apply for a scholarship, please initially email our Admissions team, and they will advise the process and next steps.