At SISD we cater for boarders who live all over the world, but also for those who live within the UAE.
Full boarding students spend the semester on campus and return home for the holidays. Full boarders enjoy a range of enthralling evening and weekend activities, but they also have time to relax, catch up on homework and use the facilities on campus. If a full boarder has a guardian or family member who lives locally, they are able to visit them off-campus, but only with the permission of the parents.
Weekly Boarding (Monday – Friday)
Weekly boarding students are able to fully immerse themselves in life on campus during the weekdays, and then return home on weekends. Weekly boarding students join the boarding house on a Sunday evening and then return home on a Friday afternoon. There are many benefits to weekly boarding which include the following:
- Students have the support of academic specialists after school hours.
- Students don’t have a long daily commute.
- The boarding house is designed to ensure students are comfortable, enabling them to concentrate and focus on their studies without distraction.
- Students can use the sporting facilities.
- Students have a home away from home.
Home away from home
With the support of boarding staff and other students in the house, this family-like environment has enabled me to grow as a person, attaining excellence and push boundaries of both my academics and sports.
Flexi-boarding is when a student wishes to stay in the boarding house for a shorter period of time, with the minimum being one week (5 nights). This can be useful for the student and parents in the following situations:
- If the parents are travelling and they do not want their child to miss any school days.
- During exam periods, where it is beneficial for the child to be in a structured environment with academic tutors on hand to provide support.
- During unplanned emergencies (for example hospital stays).
Flexi boarding can be requested depending on the availability of places in the boarding houses.
Find out more