The PFC’s role is to foster a community culture through events and the facilitation of communication between parents and SISD administration regarding student life, social issues and general school operations; all in alignment with SISD’s mission, objectives and policies.
How we contribute to SISD’s B.E.S.T. & more!
- Through language clubs we reinforce BILINGUALISM that is offered and exists at SISD.
- Through our communication with parents and school leadership we elevate connection and support the improvement and EXCELLENCE of our school overall.
- Through toy and book donations, used uniforms sales and careful use of materials throughout all our activities, we play a role in minimizing our environmental footprint and keep up with our school’s SUSTAINABILITY
- Through events spread out throughout the year, such as our International Day and Winter Market, we help build our community bond and culture which drive TOGETHERNESS.
- Through charitable work such as Ramadan care packages and teacher’s appreciation lunches we enhance the SPIRIT OF GIVING and gratitude.
- Through programs such as the parent-buddy program and representation for each grade section level, we ensure INCLUSION and belonging.
The PFC operates according to an established constitution that allows new members to join the PFC annually. We are proud to represent SISD, honored to serve our whole community and grateful for the ongoing support we get from all families, partners and school administrators.
Meet our team
Sylvie Manghardt, Chairperson
Khulood Almehrzi, Deputy Chairperson
Urs Stucki Bavasso, Treasurer
Ferdous Abbar, Class Parent Coordinator Early Years
Miriam Burger, Class Parent Coordinator Primary years
Erin Wiedmer, Class Parent Coordinator Secondary years
Elsa Gomes, Administrator
Alexandre Wiedmer, Academic Advisory Board Representative
Nancy Habashi, Communications Coordinator
Rand Al Assad, Member at Large
Marco Gomes, Member at Large
Natalie Montanet, Member at Large
If you are interested in being involved whether as an official member or simply as a volunteer, please reach out to email@example.com