International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP)
DP subjects offered at Swiss International Scientific School:
- Group 1 (Language & Literature): English A, French A, German A
- Language A Literature Standard Level (SL) school-supported, self-taught (SSST)
- Group 2 (Language Acquisition): French B, French Ab Initio, German B
- Group 3 (Individuals & Societies) : History (in French), History (in English), Business Management, Global Politics
- Group 4 ( Experimental Sciences): Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Systems & Societies
- Group 5 (Mathematics): Mathematics Applications and Interpretation
- Group 6 (Arts/Electives): Visual Arts, Music OR a second subject from Group 3 or Group 4
More comprehensive information on each subject can be found on the International Baccalaureate official page.
- DP subjects in Groups 1-6 graded on a scale from 7 (highest to 1 (lowest)
(Passing grades: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3; Failing grades: 2, 1)
Click here for the courses offered under each subject group and information about course selection.
- TOK and EE graded on a scale from A (highest) to E (lowest)
(Passing grades: A, B, C, D; Failing grade: E)
Conditions for the award of the IB Diploma
- Minimum of 24 points in six DP subjects
- Minimum of 12 points in three Higher Level (HL) subjects
- Minimum of 9 points in three Standard Level (SL) subjects
- Minimum of grade D in Theory of Knowledge
- Minimum of grade D in Extended Essay
Maximum point scores attainable:
From six subjects: 42 points
From TOK & EE (combined): additional 3 bonus points
Possible overall maximum point score: 45 points
Conditions for the award of the bilingual IB Diploma:
- Minimum of a grade 3 in two Group 1 languages
- Minimum of a grade 3 in a Group 1 language AND minimum of a grade 3
in a Group 3 or 4 subject, studied in a different language.
For more information on Taught Subjects and Assessment in the DP, download our School Handbook
International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (CP)
The Career-Related Programme is a framework of international education that incorporates the values of the IB into a unique programme addressing the needs of students engaged in career-related education.
Students have to choose 3 subjects (1 HL, 2 SL)*
- CP Core:
- Personal & Professional skills
- Language Development
- Service Learning
- Reflective Project (in English, French or Spanish)
- BTEC Business, Hospitality or Sports
*Recommended subjects for Hospitality and Business pathways: Maths AI, Business Management and a language.
The programme leads to further/higher education, apprenticeships or employment. Find out more about the CP.